Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Getting Polaroids in Life

Have you taken enough good photos in your life? When I say good, I don't mean the kind where your acne's not showing or your wrinkles are softened by good lighting. When I say good photos, I mean good memories. Or... what is more important, really?

I should confess, the photos I show off are those where I look good. Presentable, at least. Where the Christmas weight is not all too visible and that oil splatter from the kitchen is well hidden by the dark cotton shirt.

But the photos I carry? The photos I keep are those moments I had with friends I love. Those photos in my head which I pray I wouldn't forget. Which wouldn't get lost in the daily grind. (and so that's why I fear Alzheimers, but that's a different blog entry altogether :) )

Sometimes we get too lost trying to take good digital photos that we forget to be IN the photos, the moment we realize this, the moment is gone. We were there, but were we, really?

In a time where facebook, twitter, plurk and youtube reign, where still and digital images are shared by the millisecond, photographs take center-stage. But really, what are the photographs you keep?

If you love taking photos, and you're fond of cameras, here are some stuff you would surely enjoy: Polaroid ideal for your youtube creations, dainty Ixus for your inner diva, and a supercalifragilistic one of course Canon EOS .

Meanwhile, since my Sony point and shoot memory card is still full of my poses, envision me with my two index fingers on either side of my head going *click* ~ Happy memory now uploading.

No comments:

Post a Comment