Thursday, February 11, 2010

Soon. Like Tomorrow Soon.

I'm not sure whether to be excited or pressured or (in local parlance) Dedma for tomorrow. Because yes, it's almost here. Soon like tomorrow soon (insert sound effect): VALENTINE'S DAY!

Valentine's Day is the adult version of Christmas. Cupid is snowman, paper cutouts decorate our windows like candy canes do to the Tree. If Christmas smells like pine needles and turkey, V-day would smell like chocolates and roses, and sometimes a whiff of candlelit dinner.

Some days like today, I think V-day is so nauseating and overrated (concocted by marketing people of the flower industry).

Some days, I kinda need it, V-day. Brings me back to simpler (and younger) times. To times where it's normal to get Kilig. And Dedma hasn't been coined yet.

Some days I love V-Day. Just because people are generally kinder and sweeter and gentler.

Some days, I hate then like then Love V-day.
Some days, like today.

Happy Valentine's Day Dearies. Send some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment